Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I love stories like this, LV

Oh, dear! Whispered death threats from sixteen-year olds in chemistry class. It just isn't nice!
Beth Ann Cox, 16, a junior at Peachtree Ridge High School, said she had been humming the song during German class but denied singing loudly or directing the lyrics at her teacher, Phil Carroll.

"I'd had a song stuck in my head all day, like the tune of it," she said. "This kid in front of me asked me about the song. So I told him the words. I didn't say them loudly."

The song includes the lyrics: "On top of Ol' Smokey, all covered with blood, I shot my poor teacher with a .44 slug."

Administrators pulled Cox out of class later Friday and asked why she had threatened her teacher. She was suspended Monday.

Just more of the same at our government-funded compulsory attendance matriculation asylums.

No comments: