Monday, December 20, 2004

Just how big of an LOTR geek am I?

This big: when I came to the end of the actor commentary on the extended edition of "The Return of the King," I heard Sean Astin remark that the little girl playing Sam Gamgee's daughter at the end of the film was Astin's own daughter. One of the others asked him what the hobbit child's name was and Astin said, "Goldilocks." I happen to know that that is incorrect. Sam Gamgee's first-born daughter was named Elanor. I wondered how many other Tolkien freaks groaned when they heard "Goldilocks?"

2 comments:

Susan said...

Here's my comment to all the Tolkienites that knew better -- GET A LIFE!!!!!! ;)

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Steve Erbach said...

Susan,

Well, BBBLLLPPPFFTTTPPPLLLBBLLPPBLLPBBBLLP to you!

Do you know WHY I remember that Elanor was Sam Gamgee's first-born? I had hoped that my wife would go for that particular spelling of Elanor when our daughter was born. Janet is a fan of Eleanor of Aquitaine, so that spelling won out. I think that Janet simply preferred the traditional spelling, too.

Merry Christmas to you and Bill.