Friday, February 16, 2007

Recent commentary: The Avery trial

How much attention do you give the Steven Avery trial?

(published 19-Feb-2007, Appleton Post-Crescent)

Murder trials don't grab me. I never saw any of the TV coverage of O. J. Simpson's murder trial, nor did I even follow the Jeffrey Dahmer case years ago. I did a survey at work. One fellow scoffed at the idea that the evidence against Avery isn't conclusive. Others had a general idea of the facts of the case but didn't work up too much spit over it. While waiting to have a tire mounted at Expert Tire I saw both a TV and a Post-Crescent story, so it sure is hot. Last Thursday's story with the nephew changing his tune about when Avery made the body-disposal joke was interesting, but I just don't get any vicarious ... well, "pleasure" isn't the word I'm looking for. Maybe I should just say I don't get my jollies from sordid murders. Politics is more my speed. (See my ad on this page!)

No comments: