Thursday, July 20, 2006

I feel exhalted!

I am in an exalted state after jumping up and down for 20 seconds straight to do my part for World Jump Day. I logged onto the US Naval Observatory site to make sure I was synchronized with the official time, then I started jumping 10 seconds before 6:39:13 CDT, and continued for 10 seconds after. I figure that during that window I helped contribute along with 600 million others to the magnificent effort to move the earth to a higher orbit to decrease the effects of global warming. My heart is racing from the effort as well as from the exhaltation of performing such a public-spirited act.

Did YOU jump?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess then I have YOU to blame for the storm that blew through here last night and broke some of my sunflowers -- not happy, not happy at all. On the other hand, it is much cooler now. :)

Steve Erbach said...

Susan,

Same here! Lovely night last night and temps only in the upper 70s today.

However, that cometary orbit thingie is going to make it extra hot for the Brazilians come January. Unintended consequences and all.

Steve Erbach
The Town Crank