Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Recent commentary: What would I do with all that dough?

How would you spend $340 million in Powerball winnings?

(published 24-Oct-2005, Appleton Post-Crescent)

Is this like "Brewster's Millions" where I have to spend umpteen zillion simoleons in 30 days? No? OK, then I could use a new computer monitor; mine's getting fuzzy. Buy the White Album on CD. Buy our #2 son a lifetime supply of Cool Ranch Doritos. Attend St. John's College in Annapolis and take the four-year Great Books course. Take a round trip to the International Space Station. Nah! I can't really do that. I proved to myself on the Tilt-A-Whirl years ago that I am not astronaut material. Say! I could set an example for all those greedy rich people and voluntarily pay more taxes. NOT! Commission Christo to wrap Trafalgar Square and give it to my wife for a day. I'd like the minister and his wife of our church, Oakhaven in Oshkosh, to be able to concentrate on shepherding the flock without worrying about making the mortgage.

No comments: