Friday, March 16, 2007

Recent commentary: Will I be voting?

Are you planning to vote in the April elections?

(published 19-Mar-2007, Appleton Post-Crescent)

You're kidding, right? Like, I'm in the April elections! Yer darn tootin' I'll be votin'! Two or three times if I can swing it! Say! My district includes the Oak Hill Cemetery. Lots and lots of nice, quiet potential voters. Just have to figure out how to get 'em to the polls. If Mayor Daley could do it, I sure can! [Full disclosure: Your humble, yet deadly accurate, correspondent is the incumbent candidate for 3rd District alderman in Neenah, running against Lee Hillstrom, chairman of the Neenah Park and Rec Commission, and the most gracious and cordial opponent a guy ever had. Come see us at the League of Women Voters Candidates' Forum Thursday at Neenah City Hall, 6:30.] [Further full disclosure: I had nothing whatsoever to do with the selection of today's topic. Absolutely nothing. Nope. Not a thing to do with it. Had no clue. Wasn't aware. Merest coincidence. Really.]

No comments: